Daniel Bryan’s contract with WWE is reportedly set to expire on September 1st and there have been several conflicting reports over whether or not he has re-signed with the company. Bryan will be facing The Miz at SummerSlam this Sunday night in a match that the two wrestlers have been building up for years, and several feel that a loss for Bryan in that match will likely indicate that he is leaving the company. Cageside Seats’ latest update notes that Bryan will be appearing in the WWE 2K19 video game later this year and his advertised appearance for the 1000th episode of Smackdown on October 16th may suggest that Bryan will be sticking around in WWE for at least a little bit longer.
Although his career has really only just begun, Brian Pillman Jr has already managed to impress plenty in the wrestling business. The son of former WWE and WCW competitor Brian Pillman had already been announced to appear on a few MLW shows later this year, but it has now just been confirmed that the promotion has signed Pillman Jr to an exclusive deal. The contract that Pillman just signed is being said to be a major deal that will see him work for the promotion for an unspecified number of years. Pillman Jr’s recently signing is said to be part of a new initiative taken by MLW to sign their performers to multi-year deals, which the promotion just did recently for Shane Strickland.
Podcast: Brian Pillman Jr. on Wrestling Observer Radio https://t.co/j9oJ2QaPqA pic.twitter.com/iVKk8l2AyE
— Major League Wrestling (@MLW) August 12, 2018
It was announced earlier this year that WWE will be moving Smackdown over to the Fox network in October of 2019. Fox and WWE’s deal for Smackdown is a multi-year deal that is said to be worth billions of dollars, but ever since the initial announcement of the move was made, there have been rumblings of WWE possibly adding another show to one of Fox’s other stations. Some reports have claimed that there have been talks about possibly switching NXT over to the FS1 channel soon. During a recent media call, Triple H addressed those rumors by saying that he is always looking for ways that the NXT brand can expand and become larger than it currently is, and he also gave the classic “never say never” line on the matter.
Triple H in regards to NXT moving to FS1:
– “Time will tell, time will see.”
– “Who knows”
Click Here: Cheap France Rugby Jersey
– “I would never want to say never.” pic.twitter.com/8cNJ3lOE0u
— Pro Wrestling Sheet (@WrestlingSheet) August 15, 2018